Intended for the end customer and ready to plant in the field
The Smarttree is an ideal plant format for adapting to the new model of super high density plantations. This model allows total mechanisation from the moment of planting with the aim of quickly creating an efficient productive wall that also reduces costs.
This new model aims to solve the problems of labour availability and costs and reduce the initial investment in support structures.
In the specific case of the olive tree Smarttree, planting can take place in any season of the year, according to the specific climate conditions of the project, avoiding winter in frost-risk zones and the summer in very hot zones.
ABOUT THE PRODUCT
• 50–60 cm high plant, grafted, in the case of fruit trees, and semi–hardwood stake in the case of olive plants.
• Comprehensive genetic and health controls through the most advanced techniques, such as real-time PCR.
• It has a very well-established root system in a substrate rich in coconut fibre and peat to facilitate ventilation and ensure health quality
• The plant is staked and has 40 cm high biodegradable plastic protection. The interior of the protector is black to prevent light penetration and avoid suckers. The exterior is white to reflect light.
• Our plants come from clonal material to ensure the highest genetic and health quality.
• The plant has been pruned on top and features diverse
• Smarttree plants are delivered in a 250 ml Teku® format pot.
• It has 2 holes, the first where the plant is located and the second one used to insert the stake as support for the plant in the field.
For olive Smarttrees, we have the varieties best adapted to the super high density system such as:
Arbequina clone AS–1, Arbosana, Oliana, Koroneiki, Sikitita, Lecciana and Manzanilla Cacereña.